IHDFS will ensure proper handing over by forming a housing society in accordance with Maharashtra Co-operative Housing Society Bye-Laws including all the services and products associated with home ownership.
In Maharashtra the Co-operatives are governed by the Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Act 1960 and supported by Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Rules, 1961. For additional information please Click here.
Highlights for Registration of Co-Operative Society
- A co-operative society can be registered in Maharashtra State with the Registrar of Co-operative Societies.
- Any person competent to contract, as per the Indian contract Act, 1872 can join in the formation of a co-operative.
- A group of ten persons who reside in the area of operation of the proposed society and are from different families, can join in application for registration of a society.
- A society with the objects of promoting the economic interests or the general welfare of the members only can be registered.
- No society which is contrary to the policy directives of the State can be registered.
- Registration can be obtained from the registrar on filling up the application form with the necessary fees and the bye-laws.
- Division/Amalgamation/Transfer and conversion of a co-operative is allowed.
- A Co-operative Society can enter into collaboration with any Government with undertaking and prior permission of the State Government for business. It can also enter into a partnership with other co-operatives.